Global Marketing Day finished several days ago, and in case you missed it, we are here to bring you some quick insight focused on marketing trends shared during this incredible 24-h event!
The event by itself covered many areas such as social media, digital marketing, SEO, business, Web 3, and AI involvement in each of these. Let’s see what should you pay attention to regarding global marketing trends.
Pinterest predictions for 2023
Pinterest presented insights on the trends expected to come in the upcoming years. What makes Pinterest special is that it is one of the platforms where people come to plan things, so we know their users think of the future compared to other platforms that like to keep us in the past or present. If you wonder what they predicted for 2023, check this article here!
5 global marketing predictions for 2023
The whole topic is very hot! Every little bit more experienced marketeer will talk about his/hers predictions and their thoughts on what to expect. We summed up the TOP 5 of them we believe are more likely to come true.
1. Influence of AI on both strategic planning and content creation
What are you waiting for if you aren’t using AI in any of your business endeavors? Currently, next to the famous and well-praised ChatGPT, many other AI tools could make your life much easier!
We are sure that questions such as How much should you trust AI? Will we all work in the same patterns? arouse, but there is nothing to be scared of. These tools are here for your to explore and think out of the box. Asking AI to do simple and time-consuming tasks won’t do damage. In the end, it’s here to be tested.
We are currently working on a list of tools to help you out, so stay tuned.
2. Social matters
The world is heading towards a “better tomorrow” as does business and marketing! Does your company care about current world problems? Think of ways how to implement ‘social purpose’ in your brand, as the newest generations step in both buying power and workforce, they will be looking to work with those that CARE!
3. Getting closer to customers
As simple as the title states, get closer to your customers! Make it personal! Focus on what communities are telling you, as there is no space for bullshit tools and strategies no more. With Google changing the cookie policies, privacy will be on top, and harder for your to track what your customers and audiences do and like, however, this gives you more space to get to know them personally and not only base your action on analytics.
4. Recession influence
We already see that the recession is rapidly influencing the market and buying power. The advertising industry is visible too! From Twitter Blue badge certification subscription, Facebook forcing their “boost content” campaign after every single post you make, and now implementation of Blue Badge aka Meta Verified certification subscriptions, to the LinkedIn offering, not 50 Euro, but 100 Euro coupons for ads.. and there will be more.
All these steps that big tech does ain’t only for collecting more revenue, but to cover the cost which has increased from inflation and lack of business investments into ads. However, this ain’t so bad. It’s a huge slap for them for decreasing the value of organic content which is our number 5 prediction!
5. Organic & and first-hand content to be praised
What AI thinks about marketing trends for 2023?
We couldn’t handle the urge to not ask AI about its “thoughts”. Here is what ChatGPT says on marketing trends for 2023.
- Increased Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML): AI and ML will continue to revolutionize the marketing industry, enabling businesses to gather and analyze large amounts of data to create personalized marketing campaigns.
- Greater Emphasis on Social Responsibility and Sustainability: In response to growing public concern about climate change and social justice, businesses will focus on incorporating social responsibility and sustainability into their marketing strategies.
- Rise of Interactive Content: Interactive content such as quizzes, surveys, and polls will become increasingly popular as businesses seek to engage their audiences and encourage user-generated content.
- Expansion of Voice Search and Smart Speaker Marketing: With the growing use of voice assistants and smart speakers, businesses will need to optimize their marketing strategies for voice search.
- Continued Growth of Video Marketing: Video marketing will continue to be a dominant force in digital marketing, with businesses using video content to educate, entertain, and engage their audiences.
- Increased Adoption of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR): AR and VR will become more widely adopted in marketing, with businesses using these technologies to create immersive experiences that engage customers and increase brand awareness.
- Growing Importance of Customer Experience (CX): Businesses will increasingly focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences across all touchpoints, including marketing, sales, and customer service.
- Pinterest presented insights on the trends expected to come in the upcoming years.
- Increasing adoption of augmented reality and virtual reality in marketing.
- The growing importance of customer experience (CX) across all touchpoints.
- Businesses are encouraged to get closer to their customers, personalize their marketing efforts, and focus on organic and first-hand content.
- Impact of the recession on the marketing industry and how big tech companies are taking steps to cover up the increased costs.
- Role of AI and machine learning in revolutionizing the marketing industry, enabling businesses to gather and analyze large amounts of data to create personalized marketing campaigns.
- Importance of incorporating social responsibility and sustainability into marketing strategies in response to growing public concern about climate change and social justice.
- Prediction of the rise of interactive content and the need for businesses to optimize their marketing strategies for voice search with the growing use of voice assistants and smart speakers.
- The continued growth of video marketing